Monday 27 July 2020

Turning the Blog Around

Its been a long slog of a roller coaster, and I've been sporadic. Honestly, I just didn't have focus. The rules are in several documents, my life is in several locations, I'm all over the place.

So its time to clean it up. 


I'm going to turn this blog into what people used to expect from a Blog.. what I expect from a Blog.. a Web - Log of what happens in another aspect of your life.

This is called Dungeonworld Dev for a reason, it was the development blog, but when I wasn't developing, I was just throwing stuff at the wall, and seeing what stuck. There are over 100 'articles' that didn't. I didn't press publish. For a myriad of reasons, fears and the like.

I might still go back and click publish, but, like I've said before, I'll tag them, so you, dear reader, can see the difference.

What I'm going to do, is push forward with this like a proper log of events. When I Write, Draw, Create or do anything related to Dungeonworld, MY game. I'll blog it in here.

Why? Because I think its what I want to read.. someone else making a roleplay game, and all the trials and tribulations of that process.

Where I'm starting.. 


* I have a 99% complete map for my Kickstarter. since it took a year and a half to get here, that 1% will likely be another 2-3 weekends. I need to scan reworked images, crop them into the giant map, and publish it.
* I have Several, Half finished, roleplay documents. Core Rules for Dungeonworld v4/12, Core Rules for DD12 v0.7, Cataclyzm, barely a chapter, Pirate Cave, barely a chapter, Alita ripoff, some NPCs, Paladin Concept, a design draft. An Almost finished Magic Synopsis, written in by my in world alter ego.
* I have a card game, to help GMs make plots for that session/scenario/campaign, based on player input.

I have several ideas for several other things.. another map, but for a city, another map, but for a mega-dungeon.. these need to wait, til map #1 #2, #3, #4 and #5 are finished..

I might migrate this.. I think, a cleaner start might be a good idea.. but maybe not? I might duplicate this to another forum, such as medium or minds.. and 'start' from the next post, or maybe this one..

Good luck to me..


Lets see if this pans out, or its just the coffee speaking.

No comments: